Life, but not as we know it!

On Monday evening (23rd March 2020) at 8.30pm, Boris Johnson, Prime Minister, announced strict rules.

People must not go out unless it is absolutely necessary for food, medicine or work. Stay 2 meters apart and stay in as much as possible to protect others.

This is getting scary now. People could die, will die.

I hope and pray that people will come through this. That my family will stay safe and healthy.

It has been a strange week.  I went into school on Monday and Wednesday.  We only had 4 children in on Wednesday and 6 staff (17 on Monday and all the staff) and we are not teaching them.  On Wednesday, the weather was beautiful, so we spent most of the day outside.  I set the children a scavenger hunt which they all enjoyed, taking photos of the items they had found on their pads.  Tuesday and Thursday I worked at home but realised that the study just didn't feel right so I spent all of Friday changing it around.  My desk now faces the window and can see part of the garden and the top of the apple tree.  Much brighter and lighter.  The space feels more calming.  Just a lovely place to work.  I'll be here for a while so it may as well be a good place.

We're finding new ways to do things, exercising via virtual online classes, talking to people over Skype and Facetime or even WhatsApp video chats.  It is bringing people together but keeping others apart.

My mum and dad are staying safe too.  The careers are still coming in to look after mum but now they are doing shopping for them too instead of dad going out to shop.

The next few weeks are going to be strange.

Stay safe everyone.

Comments